You would think that people are really good at discerning the real deal with from an absolute fake, but that is very far from reality. There’s an uncountable mass of people who have been fooled by FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus and the number is constantly on the rise. It has been said that people who create infection from the Ukash Virus family earn thousands of dollars every single day. That accounts to the number of people who panic so much they actually spend their money for this scam.
FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus is a computer ransomware application. It infects the target computer via Trojan horses and malware-related websites. The main feature of all programs from the Ukash group is that the moment they infect a system, the user can no longer access his desktop. FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus locks the user’s desktop by displaying a disturbing security message that urges the user to spend his money.
In this perspective, FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus is not so different from other Ukash versions, including FBI moneypak, Metropolitan Police Ukash Virus, Canadian Security Intelligence Service Virus. There are versions of this infection for every major country. Germany alone has around 6 different variants of Ukash virus. When these infections block the user’s computer, they claim that the user has committed some criminal offense for which he has to pay. It also threatens that the user will be locked up in jail for what he has supposedly done. And it says that the only way to unlock the computer and avoid the imprisonment sentence is to pay a fine.
Keeping in mind that most of the infections uses the criminal offense card, FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus is slightly different from its counterparts. It says that the computer has been blocked because the user’s Windows license has expired. This is the message that is displays all over the screen:
Windows XP, Vista and 7 are all susceptible to this infection. It does not matter whether the user has legal or illegal Windows installed, FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus does not “care” about that. It simply wants your money and it has no intention of unlocking the computer, because if FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus goes away, it will no longer be able to milk more money out of you, right? Therefore, no matter what this message tries to convey, you should never pay a penny to this fake application. Do not forget that legitimate Windows software never locks up a desktop like this. They have other ways to remind you of your expiring license.
FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus Video Removal Guide
It is more than clear that you need to remove FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus from your computer, otherwise it will continue to terrorize you for money. This ransomware infection requires the user to unlock his computer manually, but it is not as hard as you might think, simply do the following:
- Restart your computer and while the system loads, before Windows logo shows up, press F8.
- System boot menu will appear. Use arrow keys to navigate, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- When system loads, access the Internet and download a legitimate antimalware tool.
- Install the antimalware program and remove FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus from your system still in Safe Mode with Networking.
This works for computers that run on Windows Vista and Windows 7. In case you have Windows XP, this is how to get rid of FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus:
- Follow the instruction steps from 1 to 3 described above.
- Open Start Menu and click on RUN.
- Type “msconfig” into the Run box and press Enter to launch System Configuration menu.
- Click the Startup tab and then un-check all the programs on the list. Click OK to save changes.
- Exit the menu and restart your computer in Normal Mode.
- Install the antimalware program you downloaded in Normal Mode and launch it to remove FBI Green Dot Moneypak Virus for good.